Applicant Information Pack – Members
This Applicant Information Pack provides you with the information you need to complete an application for a position with RDA Goldfields Esperance (RDAGE) Committee as a member.
This Information Pack contains the following elements:
- Position description, accountabilities and responsibilities, and selection criteria.
- Selection process description including application lodgement instructions.
- Application form.
For the Application Form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RDA Committee member is an active contributor to the outcomes of a diverse organisation of individuals working in a complex environment to deliver high value outcomes for the community and the region. Members are active in their community and contribute to supporting local jobs and regional growth.
They are expected to leverage existing networks and develop new networks across industry sectors. RDA Committee members are required to support the Chair to attract opportunities and investment to their region. They must be knowledgeable about the economic, social, cultural and environmental opportunities and challenges facing their region; be well connected and a strong advocate for their community; and draw their community together to build and drive economic growth.
The RDA Committee member works as an effective member of the RDA Committee toward a common goal or strategy, and drives projects that target specific areas of economic development for the region. They actively support committee governance and management processes.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
RDA Committee members will be accountable to:
- The Chair – for supporting the activities of the Committee;
- Their communities – for delivering outcomes that meet regional needs;
- The funding providers – for ensuring that agreed objectives are achieved and resources invested are expended as efficiently and effectively as possible; and
- RDA Committee staff – for providing a safe and healthy workplace.
Members will be responsible for supporting the RDA Committee to meet the requirements of the charter, deliver against the outcomes, reporting requirements and performance measures specified in the RDA Funding Agreement, and for the good operational and financial governance of the overall organisation.
- Leadership and governance – A successful applicant will have experience and capability in leading organisations, and can demonstrate an understanding of the governance and performance management principles that apply. They will be familiar with the types of governance processes required to manage an organisation, board or committee and have leadership experience.
- Delivery focus – A successful applicant has most likely had experience in actively leading high performing organisations that have had success in achieving difficult outcomes in a complex environment.
- Business acumen – A successful applicant will have a history a making successful organisational decisions and being able to recognise and seize business opportunities. The applicant has most likely had a career working in successful ventures that may be focussed on one industry or in a public sector or not-for-profit organisation. The applicant has functioned as a leader in some capacity in the roles they have had and been successful in these roles.
- Stakeholder engagement – To be successful an applicant will have had experience managing a broad range of stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- Representational skills – A successful applicant has most likely had experience representing either their region, business and/or industry. They understand the complexities in representing a diverse group such as a region, business and/or industry.
- Commitment to the region – To be successful, the applicant will have a clear commitment to the region and have strong personal and business networks. They will understand and be able to articulate the opportunities facing the region. The applicant may have spent substantial time in the region and be a very active member of the community.
Selection Process Description
Applying for a Committee member position involves completing this form and providing a brief Curriculum Vitae (CV). These documents should be returned to RDAGE Chair, Lee Jacobsen, at email@example.com. Once submitted, you should receive email confirmation that your application has been received. The application process involves the following steps and indicative timeframes:
- Processing of applications – once applications close they will be considered by the Chair/Selection Panel.
- Referee and other checks – The Chair will conduct referee checks, and other checks (e.g. probity checks) if required, before making a final assessment of each applicant. This process may take up to two weeks.
- Consultation with delegate – once the Chair has identified their preferred candidate(s), the appropriate approving authorities will be consulted so that a final appointment decision can be made. This may take up to six weeks.
- Advice to applicants – once a final decision has been made, applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by email and/or post. This may take up to one week.